Post by DoctoriDuniya
People can get the infection and become sick at any age of the life but when it comes to children, they are considered to be more prone than others. It is because their fighting potential against virus, bacteria and various germs is lower than another age group. Here is the list of infections your child might get.
1. Ear Infection- Children are at greater risk of getting an ear infection. When they hit by a common cold and flu it causes inflammation and infections in the throat. These conditions allow germs and bacteria to breed that extends to ear. The symptoms include fever, anxiety and ear pulling. It is better to be aware of the vaccination in children that can help prevent ear infection.
2. Respiratory infection- Children are more prone to get an infection in the respiratory system.Though it seems like a common cold that occurs due to the virus it can be serious if not treated on time. Its symptoms include swelling in the trachea, inflammation,fever, and barking cough.It is more common in children under 5.
3. Eye infection (Pink Eye)- Children are at greater risk to get affected by the virus.One of the commonest infections in children is pink eye or conjunctivitis. Its symptoms include teary eyes, redness, itching, inflammation and crusty eyelashes. Pink eye is contagious that spreads rapidly.
4. Diarrhea- Diarrhea was considered as one of the most common cause of death in children. But with the invention of vaccine its cases have been drastically reduced. It is caused by the rotavirus which leads to vomiting, loose watery stool,abdominal pain and blood in the stool. It also leads to dehydration.
5. Flu- Flu can lead to serious complications like pneumonia if not taken care. We usually take it as a simple cold but if its symptoms include high fever, chills, body aches, fatigue, or vomiting. You should consult your doctor soon to prevent serious complications.
6. Measles- Measles is also one of the common problems that affect children. Its symptoms include whole body rashes, runny nose, cough and high fever. It should also be treated on time as it may lead to pneumonia. You need not to worry if your children are vaccinated.
7. Mumps- In spite of the vaccination the rate of getting mumps is still high in children.Its symptoms include swelling between the ear and the jaws.
8. Strep Throat or a sore throat- Strep throat is also one of the most common illnesses in children. It is caused by the bacteria. Its symptoms include sneezing, runny nose, cold, difficulty in swallowing, us in the throat, and high fever. It can be treated with antibiotics.
9 .Ringworm- Children are more prone to develop skin infection caused by fungus. Its symptoms include the red ring on the skin or on the scalp which may lead hair loss. It is contagious that spreads from person to person.
10- Seasonal Allergies- Symptoms like fever, sneezing, watery eyes, running nose or stuffy nose indicate the seasonal allergies.
"Stay Informed ,Stay Healthy"