The thyroid, is a butterfly-shaped gland which is located in the neck, can adversely affect the body. If you are a woman over 35, you are at greater risk of getting thyroid disorder. At least 1 in 10 women is undiagnosed and silently suffers from this disorder. The thyroid produces thyroid hormone which regulates and controls many functions such as body’s temperature, heartbeat, metabolism. In some cases, the thyroid becomes out of control and disturbs body function. Here are some most common signs that warn you that your thyroid is not working properly.
1. You feel exhausted all the time- Feeling enervated and exhausted can be highly associated with the thyroid disorder, especially with hypothyroidism, a disorder in which your thyroid gland produces too little hormone. If you feel tired after taking full night sleep, that’s a clue that your thyroid may be underactive.
2. You’re feeling down- Feeling sad, down and depressed are also the signs of hypothyroidism.
3. You feel nervous and anxious- Feeling anxious, worried and nervous all the time are also the symptoms of hyperthyroidism. In hyperthyroidism, your thyroid produces too much hormones and keeps you in the state of restlessness.
4. Your appetite or taste buds are altered- Suffering from hyperthyroidism may affect your appetite. When your body suffers from hyperthyroidism; you may feel hungry all the time. The increased appetite can result in weight gain.
5. Difficulty in concentration- Too much production of thyroid hormone may lead to sleep deprivation. Lack of sleep can cause difficulty in concentration or lack of understanding.
6- Your skin is dry- Observing changes in skin texture and appearance can also due to the hyperthyroidism. The skin may also suffer from dryness and itchiness.
7- Irregular periods- Irregular, longer or shorter menstrual periods can also be a sign of hypothyroidism. You may suffer from heavy flow and experience more cramps due to uncontrolled hormone production.
8- You have painful muscles- Due to less production of hormones you may feel numbness and pain in your arms, hands, legs, and feet.
9-You have high blood pressure- High blood pressure is also the symptoms of hyperthyroidism.
10- You voice become hoarse- If you experience heaviness in your voice you should soon contact your doctor for the thyroid test. You can also notice a lump in your thyroid.
"BE INFORMED, BE HEALTHY"
If you would like to know more about any of the health issues, health information and health feed, subscribe to our blog. Our e-mail updates will also keep you informed about our company, new products and stories.
Subscribe to keep yourself updated with latest articles and health news.