At one point or another, nearly everyone struggles with some type of back pain in their lives. It can affect people of any age, mostly aged between 35 and 55 years. The pain it causes may range from mild to severe, but the good news is that it can be eased by following simple tips.
Let us know the ways to ease back pain
1. Good night sleep- It might be difficult for you to have sound and quality sleep if you are suffering from chronic back pain. A poor sleeping position may aggravate your back pain. For a good night sleep, you can experiment with the different sleeping position. You may add an extra pillow under your body to help ease the pain. If you’re a back sleeper, you can put the pillow under both knees. If you are stomach sleepers, try putting a pillow under your abdomen. If you sleep on your side, putting a pillow between the knees may help ease the pain.
2. Gentle and mild exercise and yoga- This is our perception that if we have back pain, one of the best things we can do is rest until our pain diminishes. But it is not necessary in each case. Sometimes, too much rest aggravates the back pain. So little stretching and strengthening the muscles may reduce many types of back pain. You can also go for a slow walk to release the muscles. Yoga can also be very effective for the people with back pain. Yoga helps in loosening tight muscles and building strength.
3. Sitting posture- Avoid sitting on a soft couch or chair. Do not fall over your keyboard. Try to sit straight with your shoulders relaxed. Try to sit at the end of the chair and slouch completely. keep your feet flat on the floor and your legs should not be crossed.
4. Ice and Heat to Ease Back Pain-
Regular use of ice pack to the painful areas on your back may lessen back pain and inflammation. Try this several times a day for at least 10 minutes. After some days, you may switch to heat. Apply a warm pack to relax your muscles. It also increases the blood circulation. You may go for a warm bath to ease the pain.
5. Calcium and magnesium- Calcium and magnesium are the two important nutrients for the body. When taken collectively, these supplements may lessen muscle cramps and back pain. According to a fact, magnesium therapy helped many to reduce pain severity and improve spinal mobility in patients with low back pain.
It is recommended to discuss your current fitness routine and any changes to it with your doctor to avoid the painful condition.
If you would like to know more about any of the health issues, health information and health feed, subscribe to our blog. Our e-mail updates will also keep you informed about our company, new products and stories.
Subscribe to keep yourself updated with latest articles and health news.