According to the World Health Organization (WHO), health is the state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity. Thus staying healthy is not just being free from illness but it is a multi-dimensional approach. To understand how to maintain or improve health, it is necessary to know the status of your body or to know where your body actually stand. It is important to take care of your health to have a healthy body that leads to a healthy mind. A healthy body and properly working immune system will not only help you to be more productive and energetic but will also add years to your life.
There are many symptoms that our body show about our health status but we usually tend to ignore due to unawareness. That ends up becoming a disaster in our life. The problem we can solve at early stage becomes more deadly and incurable. There are many conditions that cause symptoms throughout the body – some can be observed through eyes, others can be observed through the skin, mouths or fingernails. Eyes play an important role in suspecting the health issues. It can show the symptoms of diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol cases.
Here are some symptoms that would help you to know more about your health status.
1. Red spots in the eye - In India 58% of the population is suffering from diabetes. It is estimated that in 2030, 87 million Indian people would have diabetes. A terrible disease that is responsible for the millions of death every year. Red spots caused by the tiny dots of blood in the eye can be a sign of diabetes. Due to high sugar level, blood vessels begin to get blocked and can burst anytime in the eyes, causing bleeding. If it's not treated on time, this can lead to impaired vision or even blindness.
2. Yellow spot or patches on eyelids- Yellow patches on the upper or lower side of the eyelids are called xanthelasmata, which is caused by the collections of fat and cholesterol. A study says that if a person who has a yellow spot around the eyelids are at great risk of heart diseases or heart attacks.
3. Eye bags or puffiness- Eye bags or puffiness which is caused due to the retention of fluid under the eyes. Tired-looking eyes could be the red flag for chronic diseases such as heart, kidney or liver diseases. Normal aging, nasal congestion, seasonal allergies can also cause puffy appearance.
4. Discolored complexion- Our skin tells a lot about health status. Even slight changes of skin color indicate that something may be wrong. Discoloration, paleness could be a sign of anemia. A yellow toned skin could be an indication of chronic liver disease. Dehydration, vitamin B12 deficiency could lead to the discolored complexion.
5. The excess facial hair- The unwanted growth of hair along the jaw lines, chin, and upper lip could be a symptom of hormonal imbalance that mostly affects the conditions of women.
6. Yellow nail- Fingernails reveal a lot of secrets about our health. Changes of the texture, thickness or color give a signal of health status. Yellow nails may be related to diabetes, thyroid, liver disease or respiratory disease such chronic bronchitis.
If you would like to know more about any of the health issues, health information and health feed, subscribe to our blog. Our e-mail updates will also keep you informed about our company, new products and stories.
Subscribe to keep yourself updated with latest articles and health news.