Do you know that uncontrolled consumptions of medicines and alcohol play an adverse role in damaging your liver? Our liver is the largest and one of the most important organs in the body. Whatever food we eat, liver helps to digest that and also wipes out all toxins from that. There are various factors that adversely affect and cause damage such as your lifestyle, eating patterns, drinking habits, medication etc. When your liver is not healthy, it sends many signals so that you can understand the warning signs of its damage.Ignoring these signs leads to deadly and chronic diseases such as fatty liver, hepatitis C, hepatitis B, hepatitis A, cirrhosis and many more. So it is important to know and understand the signs of the unhealthy liver.
Here we are enlisting 9 early signs of the unhealthy liver that you should not ignore.
1. Jaundice- Jaundice is one of the most common signs of the unhealthy liver resulting in yellowish discolorations of the skin. Jaundice can be caused by other diseases such as malaria, gallstone, hepatitis but mainly attacks on the liver. Jaundice occurs when the level of bilirubin increases in the blood.
2. White or Black Stools- Changes in your stool’s color also warn about your unhealthy liver. When your liver is affected, your stool color may appear white or black. Sometimes you may observe blood in your stool due to damage in the liver.
3. Oversensitive Skin- Oversensitive skin is also one of the common signs of liver damage. When your liver does not function properly, it produces toxins in the body that causes sensitivity in the skin. You may observe cracky skin or itchiness and dryness.
4. Dark-coloured Urine- Bile pigments produced by the liver, when not excreted, accumulated in the blood and then come out through the urine. This is the reason your urine appears dark colored.
5. Loss of Appetite- Not having an urge to eat is often associated with the unhealthy liver. If your liver is affected, it hampers your digestion process that may lead chronic conditions.
6. Indigestion and Vomiting- Indigestion and vomiting are also warning signs of liver damage. People having unhealthy liver may also experience nausea and frequent diarrhea. You should consult your doctor soon if you observe these symptoms.
7. Abdominal Pain- Abdominal pain is usually common due to various gastric problems. But it becomes more specific when it is caused due to liver damage. The pain may vary from mild to severe and may radiate to shoulder or back.
8. Fluid accumulation- Swelled abdomen is another warning sign of unhealthy liver and also indicates to immediate medical treatment. Swelling due to the accumulation of fluids can also occur in various parts of the body such as legs, feet, and ankles.
9. Fatigue-You may feel excessive fatigue or tired throughout the day.Many people also experience weight loss, irritability, frequent headache, and bleeding.
" STAY INFORMED, STAY HEALTHY"
If you would like to know more about any of the health issues, health information and health feed, subscribe to our blog. Our e-mail updates will also keep you informed about our company, new products and stories.
Subscribe to keep yourself updated with latest articles and health news.