Our teeth not only help us to bite, chew and talk but they also play an important role in making or breaking the appearance. Everyone wants to have a beautiful smile but fewer of them actually maintain proper oral hygiene. It is necessary to maintain oral hygiene for keeping your dental status healthy. Not following hygiene tips can cause various dental medical conditions such as gingivitis, cavities, tooth infections, tooth decay, root infection, dry mouth, oral cancer and more. Regular dental checkups and proper cleaning can prevent you from developing various oral problems.
Here is a list of 10 Dental hygiene tips you can follow to prevent from poor oral hygiene.
1. Proper Brushing- Proper brushing is one of the easiest methods to keep your teeth healthy. While brushing your teeth, the position of the bristle should be at an angle of 45 degrees. Brush your teeth in morning and at night to save your teeth from developing bacteria. Clean your mouth with water after eating every meal.
2. Flossing- Do not forget to floss your teeth after brushing. Flossing helps remove food particles that brushing can not. Flossing helps you reach between the teeth where your brush bristle cannot reach. It is recommended to you to use flossing at least once a day.
3. Use Mouthwash after brushing- Mouthwashes contains chemicals that fight against bacteria and germs present in your mouth. It also protects from bad breath.
4. Clean your tongue- You should clean the surface of your tongue daily. By cleaning your tongue you remove bacteria and germs that build up on the tongue which leads to bad breath and various other oral complications.
5. Avoid Tobacco- One of the most important tips to follow if you really want to maintain good oral hygiene. Avoiding alcohol helps you in long run; it saves you from oral cancer as well as periodontal complications.
6. Cut down Sodas, Coffee and Alcohol consumption- Excessive consumptions of sodas, coffee and alcohol can lead to tooth decay and gum disease. Therefore it is better to replace these with milk, which not only protects from damage but also helps strengthen teeth and gums.
7. Consume more Calcium and Vitamins- Calcium and vitamins are necessary for the healthy teeth, gums, and bones. Consume milk, yogurt, juice, cheese and other dairy products. You can also talk to doctor for the calcium supplement.
8. Visit Your Dentist- You should regularly visit your dentist for checkup. Visit your dentist at least twice a year. Your dentist may suggest you for further X-rays and test to know the level of problem if observed.
9. Make an appointment with doctors- If you are experiencing tooth pain or jaw pain, you should immediately make an appointment with doctors.
" STAY INFORMED, STAY HEALTHY"
If you would like to know more about any of the health issues, health information and health feed, subscribe to our blog. Our e-mail updates will also keep you informed about our company, new products and stories.
Subscribe to keep yourself updated with latest articles and health news.