Some of the common symptoms are as follows-
Loss of appetite
As it is highly contagious and can easily spread from an infected person to healthy person when they come in contact when they sneeze or cough or through contact with various particles of blisters.
2. People who are at high risk for severe chickenpox-
People who are at high risk for complications are-
· Pregnant women
· People with weakened immune systems.
· People with some illness or medications.
· People with HIV/AIDS or cancer
· Patients with organ transplantation
· People on chemotherapy or long-term use of steroid.
3. Serious complications linked to chickenpox include-
· Severe bacterial skin infections
· Severe brain infection or inflammation of the brain (such as encephalitis, cerebellar ataxia)
· Bleeding complications
· Blood infection (sepsis)
Sometimes a patient may get hospitalized due to the seriousness of the disease. In some cases, it may also cause death.
It may take 2 weeks by the blisters to dry up and turn into scabs. This time is highly contagious which transmits the infection to children and pregnant women and contact should be strictly avoided. There is no prescribed cure for it but there are ways by which discomfort can be eased.
· Paracetamol can be given to control high temperature.
· Antibacterial creams can be applied on the rashes at regular intervals.
· Drinking lots of water can prevent dehydration.
· Your doctor may prescribe antiviral tablets to lessen the severity of the symptoms.
· Visit doctor through doctoriduniya.com if the symptoms are serious or worry you and patients need to look after.
No doubt that it is contagious but there are ways by which transmission of the infection can be prevented.
A. The best way to protect chicken pox is vaccination.Vaccination is 99 percent effective which prevent the occurrence of chicken pox.
B. Avoid contacting infected person by sitting near to them or touching contaminated objects.
C. Keeping your surroundings clean, washing the clothing, washing hands can prevent infection.
D. It is also recommended to avoid visiting public places or contact with people if you are infected.Stop sharing your stuffs such as handkerchief, clothes or towels with others.
"BE INFORMED, BE HEALTHY"