Chikungunya is a mosquito- borne viral disease which is accompanied by severe joint pain, high fever, and rashes. Its symptoms may vary from person to person. Its symptoms also include nausea, vomiting, headache, and muscle pain. The sad part is that there is no cure for it. Doctors can only treat it to relieve its symptoms. India is among top 3 countries which is widely hit by it. So it is necessary to know its symptoms, causes, diagnosis, and prevention.
Signs and symptoms-
Here is a list of some common signs and symptoms of chikungunya.
1. High Fever
3. Muscle Pain
5. Nausea and vomiting
1. Chikungunya disease does not often result in death, but the symptoms can be disabling and life threatening.
2. Newborn babies, older adults (≥65 years), and people with certain medical conditions are at high risk of getting chikungunya.
1. Gastrointestinal problems
2. Eyes problem
3. Neurological problem
4. Heart complications
5. High blood pressure
If you experience these symptoms you should consult your doctor.He may suggest you a blood test to confirm it.
1. There is no specific vaccine to prevent it
2. There is no medicine to treat it.
Treat the symptoms:
1. Get plenty of rest.
2. Drink lots of fluids to prevent dehydration.
3. Take medicine such as paracetamol to reduce fever and pain.
4. It will be better to consult health care providers before taking any medicine.
1. Keep your surrounding clean
2. Prevent water stagnation or accumulation
3. Use mosquito repellants
4. Use bed net while sleeping
5. Wear full sleeved clothes.
6. DDT sprays to kill insects
"BE INFORMED, BE HEALTHY"
If you would like to know more about any of the health issues, health information and health feed, subscribe to our blog. Our e-mail updates will also keep you informed about our company, new products and stories.
Subscribe to keep yourself updated with latest articles and health news.