Post by DoctoriDuniya
There are many symptoms that indicate there is something serious and should not be avoided. But unfortunately, due to unawareness of its consequences, we tend to ignore them. That may create a deadly or debilitating condition.These symptoms may indicate an emergency condition that should be checked as soon as possible without any delay. Do not wait to see if the symptoms go away by their own and take help from a doctor.
1. Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath- Shortness of breath can be seen as a serious problem and should not be ignored. It may be due to excessive weight gain or because of major medical conditions such as heart attack, stroke, blood clots, asthma and lung infections. If you experience chest pain accompanied by tightness, sweating, vomiting, shortness of breath, you should get medical help right away.
2. Upper abdominal pain or pressure- If you experience abdominal pain or heavy pressure, vomiting, nausea, light-headedness, sweating, shortness of breath. Consult your doctor if your pain is intense and not relieved by rest. It may be due to lung infections, acidity or heart attack.
3. Fainting, sudden dizziness, weakness- Continuous episode of fainting or dizziness can be due to various medical conditions such as allergies, cardiac or neurological conditions or infections. These symptoms alert you to get doctor help. Sudden weakness or numbness of any part of the body or facial muscle should be checked out as soon as possible because it may be due to stroke.
4. Severe headache- It could be another unavoidable symptom that may lead to stroke. A sudden or a severe headache which is becoming more intense with time indicates ASAP doctor help. Early diagnosis and treatment can prevent permanent neurological damage.
5. Changes in vision- Sudden changes in the vision can be the result of an injury, allergies or infections. If you are experiencing loss of vision or blurred vision, you need to get a medical help.
6. Any sudden or severe pain- You can experience unusual or abrupt pain due to infections, inflammation or muscle contraction. Sudden and Sharp abdominal pain could be a symptom of the serious medical condition such as appendicitis, kidney infection, bladder infection or infectious diarrhea. If you experience intense pain which does not go away, consult your doctor immediately.
7. Severe or persistent vomiting– Persistent vomiting can be the result of inflammation of the stomach and intestinal tract. It can also indicate appendicitis, food poisoning or bacterial infection. Consult your doctor to prevent dehydration.
8. Coughing up or vomiting blood- Blood in the vomiting along with dry throat may indicate lung cancer or tuberculosis. If you are experiencing it along with fever or shortness of breath. Consult your doctor as it might also be due to liver damage, bleeding ulcer, tumor in stomach or esophagus.
9. Blood in Your Urine- If you experience severe pain in your side or in your back accompanied by blood in your urine, you may have kidney stones. Consult your doctor for ultrasound and X-rays to confirm it.
Don’t wait for the symptoms to go away by their own and consult your doctor as soon as possible, especially if you have these symptoms.
“STAY INFORMED, STAY HEALTHY”