As we grow old we become more conscious about heart, brain and bone health. And we usually do not focus on maintaining eye health which results in eye-related problems like cataract, dry eyes, glaucoma, eye fatigue, light sensitivity and even vision loss. Aging, unhealthy lifestyle and overactive immune system are some common causes that put eyes at risk of vision loss.
Now you might be wondering the ways that can maintain your healthy eyesight longer than usual. Adding foods that can provide eye vitamins such as Vitamin A, C, and E is the most natural and healthy ways by which you can prevent vision loss. You just need to add more fresh, organic and raw fruits and vegetables in your diet. The superfoods for eyes are carrots, citrus fruits, sweet potatoes, green beans, eggs, papaya, guava, seafood, and spinach. They prevent muscle damage, strengthen tissues and reduce the occurrence of eye-related disease. Listing surprising foods that you must add to your diet to seeing well in the future.
1. Carrot- It is known by all that the orange-colored vegetable-carrot boosts your eye health and promotes vision. Carrots are rich in beta-carotene, a type of vitamin A that helps your eye to function properly. It is recommended you to eat carrot on a daily basis to keep eyes healthy.
2. Spinach- Spinach is packed with antioxidants like lutein and zeaxanthin which helps reduce your chances of eye-related diseases such as cataracts and macular degeneration (fatty deposits under the retina). Adding 100 grams of spinach to your diet will be sufficient enough.
3. Eggs- Eggs are the main source of lutein, zeaxanthin and zinc. It prevent fatty collection under the retina. It boosts eyes health and promotes vision.
4. Citrus fruits- Citrus fruits are laden with vitamin C. Vitamin C reduces the occurrence of eye-related problems such as cataract and macular degeneration.
5. Almonds- Almonds are a powerhouse of vitamin E.It helps prevent macular degeneration and eye-related disease.
6. Fish- Fatty fish like tuna, salmon, and trout are extremely benefits for eyes. It helps maintain your vision for the longer period of time.
7. Cabbage- Cabbage is also rich in beta-carotene.You should add it to your diet as it helps prevent the formation of eye diseases such as cataract and macular degeneration.It also boosts your overall eye health.
8. Green Beans- Do not forget to add green beans to your diet as they are rich in carotenoids which prevent the development of eye problems.
9. Beets- Beets are packed with essential vitamins zeaxanthin and lutein which is much-needed vitamins for your eyes. It supports your overall eye health.
10. Radish- Radish is your complete eyesight booster. It contains all essential vitamins like E, A and E. It also contains essential other nutrients required by your eyes. Consuming radish you reduce your chances of eye disease.
Eating healthy and having an active lifestyle are the best ways to live healthier.Focus on the ways to boost your overall health as well as your eyes health.
"BE INFORMED, BE HEALTHY"
If you would like to know more about any of the health issues, health information and health feed, subscribe to our blog. Our e-mail updates will also keep you informed about our company, new products and stories.
Subscribe to keep yourself updated with latest articles and health news.