Post by DoctoriDuniya
You might have already heard, seen, or used one of the super healthy nuts, walnuts. But do you know that there comes a particular type of walnut i.e. black walnuts with remarkable and impressive health benefits? This blog post will shed light on the potential benefits of consuming black walnut; its nutritional components, its positive effects on health, and the ways it promotes overall wellness. Studies have proved that among all other nuts present in the market, walnuts have their own ways of doing wonders for your health. Consuming walnuts has been linked to helping treat depression, improved heart health, improved brain health, and many more.
For centuries, the powerful superfood has been used in the diet because of its high anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and neuroprotective properties. These nuts are enriched with top nutritional components such as carbohydrates, protein, fiber, vitamins, zinc, iron, selenium, manganese, copper, magnesium, potassium, calories, etc. They contain some potential constituents that prevent your body from bacteria and viruses. They have also been linked to decreased growth of cancerous cells and hence reduce the risk of some common form of cancer.
Uncovering some potential benefits of superfood and delicious nut- black walnut to your health and why you should often add them to your diet.
1) Increases Immunity System- The potential components found in black walnuts are needed by the body to fight with foreign invaders and parasites such as bacteria and viruses. A little harder to crack nut also helps prevent colds, flu, and infections. The components present in rich amounts such as vitamin E, magnesium, fiber, calories, and carbohydrates help boost immunity by fulfilling the body’s nutritional requirements.
2) Prevents Intestinal or Bowel Infections- Because of their potential anti-parasitic properties it helps prevent gastrointestinal infection. Black walnuts have tremendous ability to fight off bacteria, viruses, and worms hence preventing the body from various threatening small and large intestinal infections.
3) Supports Good Heart Health- The nutrients present in walnuts have been linked to good heart health. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition recommends people to add walnuts in their diets as it lowers the bad cholesterol level that adversely affects the heart.
4) Promotes Healthy Skin- Consuming black walnut has been linked to healthy skin. The medical properties present in walnuts prevent various skin disorders such as eczema, acne, psoriasis, rosacea warts, and many others. It helps tighten the skin, prevent irritation, and moisturize.
5) Helps Protect Against Cancer- Walnuts are packed with antioxidant properties and effective compounds such as omega- 3 fatty acids, gamma-tocopherol, flavonoids, etc. These compounds help reduce the growth of cancerous cells and also lessen the risk of cancers like breast, prostate, lungs, and colon or bowel cancer.
6) Prevents Magnesium Deficiency- Magnesium is one of the most important minerals needed by the body. And, its deficiency is extremely common in people that lead to pathetic health conditions such as anxiety, sleep disorders, leg cramps, abnormal heart rate, muscle weakness; poor nail growth, vomiting, kidney diseases, confusion, etc. Consuming black walnuts helps fulfill the magnesium requirement of the body and provide overall wellness.
“Be Informed, Be Healthy”