"You can never understand it unless you have felt the fatigue of hyperthyroidism."
Are you having symptoms that you think are normal parts of life, such as fatigue and having trouble with your memory, lack of concentration, or focus? Do you have dry or dead skin? Do you often feel your hands and feet cold and sweaty all the time? Is your voice becoming hoarse? Is your cholesterol high? Do you have difficulty in losing weight or have you gained weight recently? Are you suffering from stress or anxiety? Are you having muscle cramps and muscle pain or weakness?You need to worry as you might be suffering from hyperthyrodism.
What is Hypothyroidism?
When you get afflicted with hypothyroidism your overall metabolic function slows down because the master gland that balances hormones is not functioning properly.
If your thyroid slows down it adversely affects other organs also including your brain, heart, gut, and muscles.
How Low Thyroid Function Affects Your Health
Hypothyroidism doesn’t only make you tired but can lead to more serious problems, including heart attacks and diabetes.
Who is Affected by Hypothyroidism?
This problem affects men and women of all ages.
Chronic symptoms of hypothyroidism
Ask yourself if you have any of the following symptoms:
1. Poor concentration and memory
3. Dry skin
4. Hoarse voice
5. Thin and coarse hair
6. Being very sensitive to cold
7. Having cold and sweaty hands and feet
8. Low body temperature
9. Muscle pain
10. Weakness or cramps
11. High cholesterol
13. Weight gain
14. Puffy eye
15. High cholesterol
16. Irregular menstrual periods
17. Slowed heart rate
18. Temperature lower than 97.6 degrees F
These tests are best to determine if you have a thyroid problem
2. Free T4
3. Free T3
4. Reverse T3
5. Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies (TPOAb)
6. Thyroglobulin Antibodies (TgAb)
What are 5 things you can do to improve your thyroid function?
1. Take a capsule of multivitamin with Iodine, Zinc, Selenium, Iron, Vitamin D and B vitamins.
2. Take a tyrosine supplement to help with the FT4 to FT3 conversion.
3. Include yoga, exercise, and meditation to deal your stress and depression.
4. Take 8 to 10 hours of sleep a night.
5. Get fluoride, bromide, and chlorine out of your diet and environment.
If you would like to know more about any of the health issues, health information and health feed, subscribe to our blog. Our e-mail updates will also keep you informed about our company, new products and stories.
Subscribe to keep yourself updated with latest articles and health news.