Post by DoctoriDuniya
When it comes to your health, there also comes some bad habit such as nail biting, overeating, smoking, drinking and many more that adversely affect your health. Despite knowing the bad consequences of these activities, we keep doing these things anyway. Badhabits not only damage our health but may also lead to severe infections and medical conditions.So how bad these activities are? Let’s take a look.
It’s never too late to quit your bad habits and immediately start living a happier and healthier life.
1. Stop Biting Your Nails- You may have seen many people busy with nail-biting. It could be due to stress or their childhood habit. But nail biting can severely affect your health. It may damage your teeth or the skin around your nail. Nail biting introduces you with germs and can cause cold or other illness when you put your fingers into your mouth. If stress is one of the reasons of your nail biting, indulge yourself in activities such as yoga, exercise. You may also consult with your doctor to get help.
2. Get Enough Sleep- Not taking enough sleep would not only make you tired or enervated, it also increases your chance to get high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, and depression. Lackof sleep also disturbs your concentration power and makes it difficult to learn and remember things. Itis recommended you to get 7-8 hours of sleep at night.
3. Stop Blasting Your Headphones- If you love listening songs for longer hours then there is a bad news for you. Listening songs for longer hours and on more than 75 decibels make you more likely to lose your hearing as you age or may cause permanent hearing loss.
4.P ut Your Phone Off Before Going To Bed- Surfing cell phones, computer or watching TV not only interrupt your sleep but also make you more prone to develop diseases obesity, diabetes, heart diseases, breast or prostate cancer. So before going to bed switch off your mobile, open up a book or keep your bedroom dark for better sleep.
5. Quit Sitting for Long Periods- Due to our working schedule, we can not avoid sitting on the chair in front of the computer screen for long hours. But what we can do is to take the break after every 2 hours and walk around the desk or to the colleagues. Sitting for longer time slows down your metabolism that leads to weight gain. Itmay also lead to illness such as heart disease, diabetes, and cancer.
6. Avoid Alcohol Consumption- Excessive alcohol consumption increases your chance to get kidney problem, liver problem, and digestive issues and heart problems, bone damage and some form of cancer. So as much as possible reduces your alcohol consumption.
7. Quit Smoking- Smoking damages nearly every organ of your body. It may cause cancer, diabetes, stroke, bronchitis and other health issues. It may also put you at risk of tuberculosis, eye problems, immune disorder or arthritis.You may take doctor’s help about quitting smoking.
“STAY INFORMED, STAY HEALTHY”