It is estimated that and the . Breast cancer is the most common cancer in the women. One in ten of all new cancers diagnosed each year is a cancer of the breast. More than 1.1 million cases have diagnosed till date. It is the second most common cancer now after lung cancer. But the silver lining is that if detected earlier, breast cancer has 98% chances of survival.
Breast cancer is cancer that develops in the cells of the breasts. There are several types of breast cancer, but cancer that begins in the milk ducts is the more common than others. Breast cancer can occur in both men and women, but it is more common in women.
Swelling of a breast
Shrinking of a breast
Lack of physical activity
Having dense breast
Breast magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
Here are the simple ways to prevent cancer and also help in early detection.
1. Regular exercise - at least 30 mins of exercise daily
2. Quit smoking
3. Quit alcohol consumption
4. Reduce excess weight to the normal range
5. Be breast aware - do regular self-examinations
6. Clinical breast examination by an experienced breast surgeon after the age of 35 years (annually)
7. Regular mammograms after 40 years of age.
8. If there is a family history of breast cancer, do consult your oncologist to discuss your risk of breast cancer.
9. Eat healthy food such as fruits and vegetables.
If you would like to know more about any of the health issues, health information and health feed, subscribe to our blog. Our e-mail updates will also keep you informed about our company, new products and stories.
Subscribe to keep yourself updated with latest articles and health news.