Post by DoctoriDuniya
Life gets harder when we experience the most painful, horrific and debilitating form of headache. According to National Headache Foundation, it is one of the top ten causes of disability throughout the world.Nearly 20% of the young population suffers from some form of headache. It is also estimated that women are three times more likely to suffer from migraine than men. The most common forms of headache are migraine, sinus, tension or cluster.There are various factors that cause headache, it may due to food allergies or sensitivity,busy and stressful life, hormonal imbalances, back or neck strain, nutrient deficiency ,dehydration, stress ,anxiety, depression,alcohol ,constipation or some serious health issues.
Your headache may also be a warning sign or alert that something needs to change right away, so start focusing on the signal. You should be aware of the conditions which trigger your headache. You may need to change your eating habits, sleep schedules, regular activities to live life without horrific headache.
There are some natural and healthy remedies that can provide quick relief to your headache.
1. Increase Your Magnesium Intake-People with low level of magnesium are at high risk of getting serious headaches like migraine.So it is recommended to take 200-600 gram magnesium a day to lower the frequency of migraine attacks.You can also increase your consumption of magnesium rich foods such as green vegetables, beans, whole grains, seeds, and nuts.You can also have some amount of chocolate, dairy products, meat and coffee as they also contains some amount of magnesium.
2. Use Peppermint oil-Peppermint oil has soothing, calming and numbing effects on the skin. Peppermint oil has instant headache relief and long lasting cooling properties. According to researchers, peppermint oil improves the blood flow of the forehead and soothes contracted muscles.It has also been linked to reduced headache sensitivity.
3. Stay hydrated-If you take uncountable cup of coffee, sugary drinks and alcohol then you are more likely to get headache. Their dehydrating properties induce headache and can be reduced by having enough glass of water.Being hydrated you will feel energized, and headache free.You can also have fruits and vegetables that contain enough water.Add more cucumbers, radishes, cabbage, spinach, water melon, grapes and oranges to your plate.
4. Stretching and moving-Sitting at your desk and constant staring on the screen is the top most cause of headache. Stretching and moving your head and neck in a circular motion can be a quick fix for this problem. Stretch your muscles whenever you get time as it relaxes contracted muscles, improves blood flow and increases vitality.Performing yoga and meditation also help prevent headache and decrease its intensity or severity.
5. Rest- Resting and sitting in a dark room would be effective yet simple ways of treating with migraine.Close your eyes and relax your neck,back and shoulder.
6. Detox Bath to Reduce Tension- Detox bath has tension reducing properties.Make water as hot as you can tolerate, then add a cup of baking soda in it, you may also add essential oil or apple vinegar in it. It helps you kill bacteria,relaxes muscles and reduces irritability.