PCOS or polycystic ovarian syndrome is a most commonly seen disorder in females. Approximately 4 out of 10 females experience Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome. In most of the cases, the disease does not show any symptoms and hence the illness goes unnoticed. Young females ignore the symptoms due to lack of right information. The only way we can prevent it by spreading awareness about its causes, symptoms and treatment methods.
Here are all possible frequently asked questions about PCOS
What is PCOS?
PCOD or Poly Cystic Ovarian Disease, It is a medical disorder that imbalances the hormones secreted by the tiny cysts present in the ovaries. Cysts produce male hormones, androgens that cause hormonal imbalances in the body. Disbalance of hormones also affects insulin synthesis in the body that leads to further medical conditions, such as diabetes.
At what age can one have PCOS?
PCOS is commonly seen in young females.
What Causes PCOS?
According to the health care professional, there is no any specific cause for PCOS. It is suggested that somewhere genes are responsible for it.
Symptoms of PCOS are-
1. Irregular periods
3. Thick and unwanted hair, especially on face, upper lips, and chin
4. Thick hair on chest and belly
5. Overweight, fat accumulation.
6. Thin hair on scalp
9. Type 2 diabetes
What if you suspect such symptoms?
If you suspect any of the symptoms you should immediately consult the gynecologist. To confirm the disorder the doctor may tell you to undergo blood tests to check the hormonal levels of your body.
Make the following changes or additions in your lifestyle to overcome the symptoms.
1. Exercise regularly
2. Go for a brisk walk
3. If you are obese, try to lose weight.
4. If you smoke, quit smoking
5. Acne can be treated with a bag full of natural remedies.
Changes in your diet can really help you overcome the disease-
Here are some healthy eating tips that will prevent you from further complications.
1. Eat green leafy vegetables
2. Stay hydrated
3. High fiber cereals
4. Eat almonds, pumpkins, beans.
5. Eat fresh fruits
6. Include tomato, spinach and omega 3 fatty acids in your daily diet.
1. Avoid sweets
2. Avoid drinking too much alcohol
3. Avoid carbonated drinks
4. Avoid junk food such as burger, pasta, and pizzas
You can prevent PCOS by following certain habits-
1. Adopt an active lifestyle
2. Start exercising
3. Use steps instead of the lift.
4. Take less stress
5. Take healthy foods.
To diagnose PCOS, the doctor will:
1. Physical test- The Physical test will be performed to examine extra body hair. The doctor will ask your height and weight to check your BMI (body mass index).
2. Blood test
3. Thyroid test
4. Pelvic ultrasound
How is it treated?
Regular exercise, eating healthy foods, and weight control are the best way to treat PCOS.
"BE INFORMED, BE HEALTHY"
If you would like to know more about any of the health issues, health information and health feed, subscribe to our blog. Our e-mail updates will also keep you informed about our company, new products and stories.
Subscribe to keep yourself updated with latest articles and health news.