Our eyes are an important part, like any other part of the body. Eyes and eyesight are god-gifted so we should not take it for granted. Our eyes require continuous efforts to protect its vision. Following healthy habits will surely help you in long run. Let’s see some easiest method to keep it healthy.
1. Eat Well- Some nutrients that we get from our food play an important role in keeping our eyes healthy such as omega 3, zinc, vitamins C and E. So we should be conscious about the food we take. Fill your plate with green leafy vegetables, fish like salmon ,tuna, eggs, nuts, beans. Orange colored food such as carrot, oranges are also extremely healthy for the eyes.
2. Quit Smoking- Smoking increases the risk of getting cataract, glaucoma, dry eye syndrome and can also damage your optic nerves. So it is advisable to you to quit smoking as soon as possible.
3. Wear Sunglasses- Wear your sunglasses while going in the sun.The sun’s UV rays can damage eyes' veins and increases the chances of cataract. You should also avoid going out in the sun if it is not necessary.
4. Adequate sleep- Similar to our body our eyes also require rest to work properly without being tired. It is necessary to sleep at least 7 to 8 hours. Those who do not take proper sleep are at higher risk of developing eye diseases.
5. Look Away From the Computer Screen- Staring for too long at computer and phone can harm your eyes. It may cause blurry vision, dry eyes, neck, back and shoulder pain and trouble focusing at a distance. Rest your eyes for 20 minutes after every 2 hours and look something that is 20 feet away from you for 20 seconds.
6. Visit Your Eye Doctor Regularly- It is important for you to know your eyes' health status. Everyone should visit for the regular eye check up. Some eye diseases do not show any symptoms to is necessary to detect them early and treat them.
If you would like to know more about any of the health issues, health information and health feed, subscribe to our blog. Our e-mail updates will also keep you informed about our company, new products and stories.
Subscribe to keep yourself updated with latest articles and health news.