We all in our life experience the painful digestive disorder called constipation. It occurs when the too much water is absorbed from the food by the colon that leads to hard feces. In this condition emptying the bowel become very painful.
Therefore it is important to know the main causes of constipation and the ways in which it can be prevented.
1) Lack of fibrous food in diet-
People who include more fibrous food in their diet suffer less from constipation. You should add more fibrous food in your diets such as fruits, vegetables, and grains.Fibre presents in the food promote movement in a bowel and prevents constipation. High fats foods, cheese, meat, and eggs are some foods that are low in fiber and promote constipation. Eat peas, sprouts, beans, spinach, carrot as they are rich in fiber.
2) Lack of physical activity-
It mostly occurs with the person who is physically inactive. Physical activity keeps metabolism high and helps the body perform its processes rapidly. A person who is bedridden for a long time or older people is at high risk of getting constipation.
3) Milk- Milk and some dairy products also cause constipation.
4) Irritable bowel syndrome- Irritable bowel syndrome is a medical condition that causes cramping, bloating, abdominal pain and constipation.
5) Pregnancy- Pregnant women are also more likely to get constipation due to the intestinal compression.
6) Aging- Aging slows down the metabolism process hence resulting in less intestinal activity.
7) Changes in routine- Changes in our daily schedule such as traveling, going to bed or waking up at a different time may also lead to constipation.
8) Not going to the toilet when needed-
Not going to the toilet when needed also cause constipation. So it is recommended to you that you should go to the toilet if you feel an urge to go. The longer you avoid, the harder your stool will become.
9) Dehydration- Not drinking enough water is also one of the main causes of dehydration. It is also advisable to you that cut down your soda, tea and coffee consumption if you often experience constipation.
10) Some diseases and conditions- An underlying medical condition also causes constipation such as Neurological disorders, diabetes, hypothyroidism. Certain medication and treatment may also cause it.
" STAY INFORMED, STAY HEALTHY"
If you would like to know more about any of the health issues, health information and health feed, subscribe to our blog. Our e-mail updates will also keep you informed about our company, new products and stories.
Subscribe to keep yourself updated with latest articles and health news.