We all know that Indian cuisine, whether it is a snack and starters or main course, are incomplete without cooking oil. Cooking oil is known to double up the flavor of food. From frying spices to adding tadka, the oil has been used in Indian dishes for centuries. However, a lot of things have said on cooking oils and its ill effects on health. Some of the types of oils are touted as highly unhealthy to add in cooking as they seem to increase the risk of heart diseases, high cholesterol level, diabetes, obesity, and even cancer. However, some types of oil are recommended by the diet experts that do not only promote good heart health but also overall wellness.
Thus, it is important to choose the right type of oil which suits your cooking style and also would not compromise with taste. But it is to keep in mind that with the type of oil we choose, the quantity of oil also matters the most to bringing the utmost wellness. Let’s check out the list of cooking oils our dietary experts recommend for cooking.
1) Coconut oil - Coconut oil is packed with surprising benefits for good health. Many of you must have used it for hair and skin purpose but do you know that cooking food with coconut oil brings a positive effect on overall health. Loaded with healthy fats, antioxidants, antibacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral properties, it aids in weight loss and better brain function. It is also linked with dealing infections by killing bacteria, fungi, and parasites.
2) Olive oil - The benefits of olive oil are beyond compare. It is seen that people who consume olive oil have a longer life expectancy and a lower death rate. Consumption of olive oil has been linked with reduced risk of heart diseases, stroke, and high blood pressure (hypertension). It also reduces the risk of depression, breast cancer, autoimmune disease, and tumor.
3) Soybean oil- Soybean oil is one of the widely consumed oils in the world. From increasing immunity to strengthening body tissues and maintaining a good digestive system to preventing various diseases, it is loaded with tremendous health benefits. Packed with good fats, it helps prevent heart diseases, bone diseases, cancer, and brain disorders. It is also good for eye health, strong teeth, steady blood pressure, and digestive health.
4) Ghee- Ghee has been associated with a range of health benefits. Packed with healthy nutrients such as good fat, fiber, and Vitamin A, E, K, it has been used in Indian dishes for decades. Consuming ghee improves digestion, strengthens bones, prevents inflammation and aids weight loss. It is also linked with reduced heart diseases, diabetes, bowel diseases, arthritis, memory loss, and cancer. However, it is recommended to consume ghee in moderate amount as eating in excess may have an adverse impact on overall health. To get the best result, you can pair it with other cooking oil such as olive or coconut oil.
5) Sunflower oil- Sunflower oil has awesome benefits for the body. Enriched with nutrients, it takes care of the body immunity, skin and hair. It fights with the free radicals in the body, hence delays the early onset of aging. It is also good for heart and bone health. Having loaded with vitamin E and omega 6, required by the body, it prevents inflammation and harmful UV rays.
In case you have any health issues and concerns. Feel free to visit DoctoriDuniya.com.
Be informed, Be healthy
If you would like to know more about any of the health issues, health information and health feed, subscribe to our blog. Our e-mail updates will also keep you informed about our company, new products and stories.
Subscribe to keep yourself updated with latest articles and health news.