A urinary tract infection (UTI) is an infection that can occur in any part of your urinary system. The urinary system consists kidneys, ureters, bladder and the urethra. UTI mostly affects urethra and bladder. If you are a woman then you should be aware of it, as women are more susceptible to get UTI infections than man. Its infection is painful and annoying but can also be life threatening if it reaches to your kidney.
What are the symptoms of UTI?
Its signs and symptoms include-
• A strong and frequent urge to urinate
• A burning feeling when urinating
• Passing frequent, small amounts of urine
• Cloudy urine
• Urine that appears red, bright pink
• Strong smelling urine
• Feeling tired
• Fever or chills (a sign the infection may have reached your kidneys)
Types of urinary tract infection and its symptoms-
Tests and Treatments for UTIs-
If you suspect any of the symptoms, you should consult your doctor. You will be asked to give your urine sample for the UTI test. Your doctor can give you antibiotics and certain medicines to ease your pain and kill bacteria.
How to Prevent UTI Re-infection-
You can prevent getting another UTI with the following tips:
• Empty your bladder as soon as you feel an urge to urinate.
• Drink lots of water.
• Stay away from feminine hygiene sprays, and scented bath products.
• Keep your genital area clean and dry.
• Avoid wearing tight clothes.
• Cut down your the coffee, soda, alcohol, and citrus juice intake.
• Stick to water to avoid irritating your bladder.
"BE INFORMED, BE HEALTHY"
If you would like to know more about any of the health issues, health information and health feed, subscribe to our blog. Our e-mail updates will also keep you informed about our company, new products and stories.
Subscribe to keep yourself updated with latest articles and health news.