What Are Anxiety Disorders?
It is normal to feel anxious, nervous, worry and fear whenever any difficult or breathtaking situation comes. But if you frequently feel anxiety or panic attack, chest pain, strong or irregular heartbeat, shortness of breath, excess worry or tension with little or no reasons, sleeping problem, numbness in hands or feet then you might be suffering from anxiety disorders.
Anxiety disorder is not a temporary problem but a serious mental health concern which interferes day to day activities. According to studies, one in every four Indians suffers from some sort of anxiety disorder.Its symptoms do not go with time.It may get worsen and can adversely affect relationship and work performance.
Its noticeable symptoms include-
1. Panic and fear
2. Sleep problems
3. Not being able to stay calm
4. Cold, sweaty, numbness in hands or feet
5. Shortness of breath
6. Irregular and fast heartbeat
7. Dry mouth
10. Very tense and angry
11. Always lethargic
12. Difficulty concentrating
What are the Risk Factors of Anxiety Disorder?
There are various factors which contribute to anxiety disorder. Some of the common factors are –
2. Being female
3. Being divorced or widowed
4. Lack of financial resources
5. Work Pressure
6. Stressful life
7. Health conditions
It is difficult for the people to carry out daily activities without fear and worry. But the good part is, this situation is reversible and you may get back to fulfilling life. Anxiety disorder can be of any type. Its common type include panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, specific phobias or generalized anxiety disorder.
1. Panic disorder- It is one of the most common form of anxiety disorder. Its symptoms include sweat, chest pain, fast and irregular heart beat. It symptoms may get worsen with time and you may feel choke or having a heart attack.
2. Social anxiety disorder- Social anxiety disorder is a mental health concern in which social interaction cause irritation, fear, and embarrassment. People with anxiety disorder feel lack of ability and lack of confidence to interact others.
3. Specific phobias- People with anxiety disorder suffer from specific phobias. They may feel fear from specific object, situation, people or location.
4. Generalized anxiety disorder- In this disorder, people may feel excess worry or tension with or without any reason.
What causes anxiety disorder?
According to researchers, the exact cause is still not clear. It may occur due to environmental stress, changes in genes, and changes in brain and personal or professional problems.
How to diagnose if you have anxiety disorders?
There is no lab test that can help diagnose anxiety disorder. But your doctor can ask your history, activities and symptoms to confirm it. Your health professional may refer you to a psychiatrist, psychologist and other mental health specialist to cure your problems.
What are the treatments for anxiety disorder?
3. Cognitive behavioral therapy
4. Self help groups
You can lessen or control the symptoms by following these tips-
1. Foods that are packed with caffeine such as coffee, tea, energy drinks and chocolate can trigger your symptoms. Cutting down the consumption of these products would surely mitigate the symptoms.
2. Right diet and better sleep also cut the stress level and refresh your mood.
3. Exercise, yoga, jogging can also mitigate its symptoms.
"BE INFORMED,BE HEALTHY"
If you would like to know more about any of the health issues, health information and health feed, subscribe to our blog. Our e-mail updates will also keep you informed about our company, new products and stories.
Subscribe to keep yourself updated with latest articles and health news.