Are you at risk of heart diseases? Have your doctor warned you against heart diseases? Have you gained a lot of weight? Are you looking for ways to lower your bad cholesterol level through dietary changes? If yes, then you have landed on the right place. This post is surely going to help you out with your attempt to reducing cholesterol levels.
Cholesterol is a natural substance that is present in all human body. It is produced by the liver and essential for the proper functioning of the body. It is essential for hormones production, building blocks of nerves, cells, and tissues, and many more. But when its level goes up, it creates the majority of the dangerous health concerns such as plaque clotting in the walls of arteries, reduced blood flow, increased risk of heart attack and stroke. Though the poor diet is the number one cause for high bad cholesterol levels other factors like sedentary lifestyle, genetics, diabetes, depression, and hypothyroidism contribute equally.
There is a widely held belief that if you are on the mission of reducing cholesterol level, you have to strictly avoid consuming fat-rich food and add low cholesterol food to your plate. But, that’s not the case at all with everyone and every time. You do not have to be harsh on yourself. You do not have to strictly avoid cholesterol-rich foods from eating. You can lower your cholesterol level by eating a combination of foods in moderation coupled with exercise.
You might be already aware that by cutting down consumption of inflammatory foods such as packaged food, high sugary food, processed foods, conventional dairy products, and too much caffeine and alcohol you can keep yourself safe from getting high cholesterol level. But you might not be well aware of the foods that can highly help keep your cholesterol level under control.
Here is the list of Foods that help lower cholesterol level naturally
1. Green Vegetables- Green vegetables such as spinach, lettuce and broccoli are nutrient rich foods that are highly anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant. Try to add more of them and less of sugary and fatty foods.
2. Nuts- Nuts are good source of fibers and healthy fats and help lower bad cholesterol level. They are helpful in maintaining good heart health and prevent from obesity.
3. Chia Seeds and Flaxseeds- Both chia seed and flax seeds are loaded with fibers that help detoxify body and improve overall health.
4. Olive Oil- Olive oil benefits are tremendous. Its anti-inflammatory ingredients help lower bad cholesterol level.
5. Green Tea- Green tea has been used for decades due to its anti-oxidants and anti-aging properties. It is also known to be highly effective in reducing bad cholesterol level.
“Be Informed, Be Healthy”
If you would like to know more about any of the health issues, health information and health feed, subscribe to our blog. Our e-mail updates will also keep you informed about our company, new products and stories.
Subscribe to keep yourself updated with latest articles and health news.